Saturday, June 29, 2013

Julian, Ca

Oh Julian, how I love thee! Julian is a wonderful small town about 60 miles north of San Diego and its known for their delicious apple pie. Its a darling place where you go and spend the day visiting the quaint shops,  eating up the yummy food, and enjoying the apple pie.  We try to visit Julian at least once a year and its usually in the summer, but Im not really sure what I was thinking  since it was almost 100 degrees out today, needless to say it made for an interesting time but it was still amazing.


On our way to Julian...






We made it!



Our first stop was to get some lunch! This was our first time at The Julian Grille and it didnt disappoint. 


Sweet Walnut Salad, Oh so yummy!


Where to go next?



Oh, this sign makes me oh, so happy!



 

Love me some soda crates!




We always stop by the Cider Mill and pick up some treats.


Chocolate covered gummi bears are my favorite and was happy to bring some home, but I really wished I would have bought a few more things.


It was finally time, after walking up and down the main street we were finally ready for their famous Apple Pie!


Plain old apple pie, except theres nothing plain about it, apple pie with whipped cream, and apple pie with sharp cheddar.


They were are all yummy, but apple pie with sharp cheddar was the winner!


After Pie they were ready to head home!


I also wanted to share the one thing I brought home with me, well other than the left over slice of pie and gummi bears, I purchased this adorable little nest with two eggs that stand for my 2 little ones. Im the mama bird with her 2 little eggs, ha ha! These are the little things that make your house a home, its personal little touches that are in your home that make all the difference.


I hope you guys enjoyed being part of our day in Julian, we really enjoyed our family time and cant wait to go back.


Please feel free to comment and keep checking back! Thank you as always for checking in!





© Denise Arrieta and Rustic Vintage Love, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Denise Arrieta and Rustic Vintage Love with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

2 comments:

  1. Julian looks like a story book town... would love to visit. I frequent Lancaster, PA (Amish Country) for their peace and tranquility, Quilt making, Whoopie Pies, and the Horse and Buggies.. I would love to buy a nice Cottage and retire there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lancaster sounds amazing! while in Julian we glanced at some of the properties that were for sale that were posted at a local real estate office, and had the same thought about retirement.

    ReplyDelete