Friday, July 12, 2013

DIY Burlap, Doilies, and Pom Pom Kitchen Curtain

Hello! I wanted to share a quick DIY burlap kitchen curtains, well the reality is there was nothing quick about it. When you have kiddos it makes any project double in time, from I want my pillow, blankie, milk, snack, can you teach me to sew? The request were endless! Anywho my kitchen window has been bare for far too long,  and I finally decided it was time to make a curtain!  So I decided on burlap, I LOVE burlap! I have been toying with the idea of making burlap curtains since I use burlap on everything else, ha!

I came across this gorgeous teal burlap and thought Id give it a go. I also purchased white pom pom trim to go along the bottom of the curtain.


First thing I did was fold my burlap in half, I  purchased a yard and a half and planned on making 2 panels. The easiest way to cut burlap is to pull a strand all the way through, it will make your cut straight.




I then folded the edges and ironed them down, this made it easier for me to sew.


I then sewed the pom pom along the bottom of the panels


As for the doilies they were an after thought, I had to make a second trip to Joanns for more pom pom trim and ended up purchasing the 2 small white doilies thinking I would use them for a banner.  Once home I realized they would look so darling against the teal burlap. I already had the other 2 doilies!


I opted to glue the doilies on instead of sewing them.  The reality is sewing them would have been such a pain and you can never go wrong with hot glue.


Im so happy with the way they turned out, they matched so well with the flower market sign I already had hanging and those sweet blue mason jars.



What do you think? Please free to comment and as always thanks for checking in.








© Denise Arrieta and Rustic Vintage Love, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Denise Arrieta and Rustic Vintage Love with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.




No comments:

Post a Comment